CENTRAL MAUI LANDFILL
COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION & DEMOLITION WASTE ACCEPTANCE
Construction and Demolition Wastes
Construction and demolition (C&D) wastes are solid wastes resulting from the construction, repair, demolition, or razing of buildings, of roads, and other structures.
Commercial Customer Procedures to Bring C&D Wastes to Central Maui Landfill
Commercial customers who would like to bring C&D wastes to Central Maui Landfill must have a valid landfill account and C&D Number (required after April 1, 2016). The Central Maui Landfill will only accept C&D wastes Monday through Friday from 6AM through 1PM. C&D will not be accepted on Saturdays and County Holidays. Loads consisting predominantly (i.e. greater than 50% by volume) of lightweight materials such as Styrofoam, shredded paper, and sandblast material will only be accepted on Monday through Friday from 6AM to 8AM. The County must issue a C&D Number before disposal can begin. Maui County Landfills will not accept Commercial C&D wastes without a C&D Job Number after April 1, 2016.
To Open a Landfill Account and Obtain a C&D Number
- Go to Central Maui Landfill and fill out the Landfill Account Application form.
- Upon approval of your Landfill Account, conduct a hazardous waste assessment and testing to ensure that C&D wastes delivered do not contain hazardous wastes.
- Read through all terms and conditions and complete the Declaration of Non-Hazardous Construction and Demolition Waste Form and mail it in to the Central Maui Landfill.
- Central Maui Landfill
P.O Box 518
Puunene, Hi 96784
- Approval of the site specific C&D Number may require up to 15 business days.
- C&D Numbers expire in six months. After this period, you must submit a new Declaration of Non-Hazardous Construction and Demolition Waste Form for a new C&D Job Number for another maximum six month period.
- If additional transporters other than the hauler specified on the Declaration will be used, you must submit an additional separate copy of the Declaration form.
- Transporter(s) shall give the C&D Job Number to the landfill scalehouse attendant for every commercial C&D waste delivery.