Planning Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 9:00 am on the Thursday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
Agendas, Minutes, & Other Documents:
View available agendas, minutes, committee reports, list of matters, and items of interest
for the Planning Committee.
Planning Committee duties include reviewing and considering:
- Processing procedures for the General Plan and community plans
- Revisions to and updates of the General Plan and community plans that are not specific to a project, including the Maui Island Plan.
- Land use ordinances not specific to a project.
- Infrastructure impact fees based on long-range plans.
- Operations of the Department of Planning, including the oversight of any grants it administers.
Chancy Hopper, Legislative Analyst
Kimberly Willenbrink, Legislative Analyst
Carla Nakata, Legislative Attorney
Pauline Martins, Committee Secretary
Subscribe To Notifications: