Planning Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 9:00 am on the Thursday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
Agendas, Minutes, & Other Documents:
View available agendas, minutes, committee reports, list of matters, and items of interest
for the Planning Committee.
Planning Committee duties include reviewing and considering:
- Processing procedures for the General Plan and community plans
- Revisions to and updates of the General Plan and community plans that are not specific to a project, including the Maui Island Plan.
- Land use ordinances not specific to a project.
- Infrastructure impact fees based on long-range plans.
- Operations of the Department of Planning, including the oversight of any grants it administers.
Jordan Molina, Legislative Analyst
Carla Nakata, Legislative Attorney
Pauline Martins, Committee Secretary
Subscribe To Notifications:
Planning Committee Agenda and Meeting Notices