The two-week Junior Lifeguard program was designed to train boys and girls ages 11 to 17 in lifesaving water skills and to develop an awareness of beach hazards and ocean conditions.
Participants will become familiar with First Aid and CPR techniques, while improving their health and fitness. Both beach and pool programs will be offered on Maui and beach programs will be offered in Hana and Lanai.
Goals and Objectives
- Develop an awareness of beach hazards and conditions
- Provide training in Ocean Safety and rescue skills
- Develop a knowledge of First Aid and CPR techniques
- Improve health and fitness of youth
- Teach team work and good sportsmanship
- Help develop and train future lifeguards
A Jr Lifeguard class on the beach