Purpose:Any person desiring to subdivide or consolidate land shall submit plans and documents for approval.
How To Apply:Refer to the Subdivision Processing Guidelines, complete the Subdivision Application and submit it to the Development Services Administration, Subdivision office.
Possible Review/Approval Agencies:
- Department of Public Works, Engineering Division
- Department of Environmental Management, Wastewater Reclamation Division
- Department of Water Supply
- Department of Planning
- Department of Fire and Public Safety, Fire Prevention Bureau
- Department of Parks and Recreation
- Department of Housing and Human Concerns
- Department of Health, State of Hawaii
- Department of Transportation, Highways Division, State of Hawaii
- Department of Land and Natural Resources, State Historic Preservation, Division, State of Hawaii
- Maui Electric Company
From the date the preliminary map and supplemental materials are deemed complete and satisfactorily received, the County has 45 calendar days to issue preliminary subdivision approval. Final subdivision approval is granted upon completion of all requirements.
Fees:Subdivision application filing fee for 5 lots or less is $250 plus $50 per development lot or for 6 lots or more is $400 plus $100 per development lot. Where subdivision improvements are required, Construction Plan review fee is $200 per lot. The filing fee check to be made payable to the "Director of Finance, County of Maui".
Related Applications and Forms:
- Subdivision Application
- Subdivision Agreement(Large Lots)
- Subdivision Bond
- Agreement for Allocation of Future Subdivision Potential
- Agreement for Subdivision Approval
- Agreement to Dedicate Upon Demand
- Flexible Design Application
- Warranty Deed
- Warranty and Guaranty of Improvements Form
- Stormwater Quality Best Management Practices and Maintenance Plan
- Subdivision Processing Guidelines
- Maui County Code, Title 18
- Roadway Dedication Processing of Subdivision Applications
- Rules for Flexible Design Standards, MCC, Title 15
- Rules for the Design of Storm Drainage Facilities
- Rules for the Design of Storm Water Treatment Best Management Practices
- Real Property Tax CAD Standards
Department of Public Works
Development Services Adminstration
250 S. High St.
Wailuku, HI 96793