The Department of the Prosecuting Attorney for the County of Maui serves the islands of Maui, Molokai, and Lanai. It is responsible for the prosecution of those who violate the criminal and traffic laws or rules and regulations of the State of Hawaii and the County of Maui. The department has various divisions including:
- Appellate and Forfeiture Division
- Circuit Court Division - Felony Prosecution
- District Court Division -Misdemeanor Prosecution
- Family Court Division - Juvenile and Domestic Violence
- Felony Screening Division
- Investigative Services Division
- Victim/Witness Assistance Division
The department is administered by the Prosecuting Attorney, who is appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the County Council. The central office is located in the Old Courthouse in Wailuku. The department employs deputy prosecuting attorneys, legal support staff, investigators and victim/witness counselors to perform its duties and functions. All services are offered at no cost.
"To Seek Justice through competent leadership and integrity, the Prosecuting Attorney ensures that the pursuit of justice is done in a fair, effective and efficient manner through a victim-centered approach in prosecution."
Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Position
- Notice to Attorney's interested in applying for a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Position