Wastewater Hauler Permit
All liquid waste haulers who discharge wastewater into the County of Maui's wastewater collection or treatment facilities are required to obtain a Wastewater Hauler permit. This type of permit is described in the Maui County Code, Chapter 14.21A.105.
How To Apply:Wastewater Hauler Permit applications are available online and at the Wastewater Reclamation Division Office.
Approving Agencies:The Department of Environmental Management Wastewater Reclamation Division is authorized to process all Wastewater Hauler applications and issue resulting permits.
Permits are normally completed within a week provided all required information is included in the application.
Duration of Approval:A Wastewater Hauler permit shall be valid for a period of one year. The permit indicates an expiration date and is non-transferrable. Wastewater Hauler permits expire at eleven fifty-nine p.m., on the specified date.
Fees:Fees are set forth in the annual County budget. The current fees are as follows:
- Initial application fee for a first time permit is $10 for waste haulers
- A $60 fee is applicable for a new permit issuance
- Permit renewals are $60
- Decal fee is $5 per vehicle
- Replacement decal is $15 per vehicle
- Septage receiving station entry card is $25 per vehicle
- Entry card replacement is $50 per vehicle
All fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Checks are made payable to "County of Maui, Director of Finance".
Related Applications and Forms:
- Wastewater Hauler Permit Application
- Fats, Oil, and Grease Manifest Form
- Monthly Waste Manifest Log Form
- Pretreatment Program Log Form
Resources:Maui County Code, Chapter 14.21A GENERAL PRETREATMENT REGULATIONS, details the requirements of the permit, current discharge standards and provisions for permit issuance, monitoring, violation penalties, etc..
Contact Information:Any questions can be directed to
Mr. Sonny Huh, Pretreatment Coordinator
2200 Main Street, Suite 610
Wailuku, HI 96793