Out of County Registration

Your vehicle must be registered in the county in which it is being driven. The following lists the requirements to change your vehicle’s registration from the Counties of Hawaii, Kauai or Honolulu to the County of Maui:

  1. Complete an Application for Registration Form. The application must be signed by all the registered owner(s) as indicated on the Certificate of Registration
  2. Submit the last issued out of county Certificate of Registration
  3. If no lien holder is indicated, submit the out of county Certificate of Title. If a lien holder is indicated, the registered owner must complete a conditional letter of acceptance
  4. Submit current or temporary State of Hawaii Certificate of Safety Inspection
  5. The fee, if required, will be determined by our Customer Service Representative