Board of Water Supply
Powers, Duties & Functions
The Board of Water Supply shall:
- Review and submit to the Mayor the Department of Water Supply's request for an annual appropriation for operations and capital improvements.
- Recommend the establishment and adjustment of rates and charges for furnishing water; such rates and charges shall be submitted to the Mayor for review and approval. If approved by the Mayor, proposed rates and charges shall be submitted to the Council for enactment by ordinance.
- Perform such other duties and functions as shall be prescribed by law. (Amended 2002, 1992, 1988)
Agendas & Minutes
View most recent Agendas/Minutes | View all Agendas & Minutes
Meeting documents are posted as they become available.
- Shay Chan Hodges, Chair - (Haiku) 03/31/2021
- Zoltan Milaskey, Vice Chair (Lahaina) 03/31/2021
- Norman Franco (Kahului) 03/31/2022
- Joseph Aquino (Lahaina) 03/31/2023
- Dean Frampton (Pukalani) 03/31/2023
- Nalani Kaninau (Kihei) 03/31/2024
- Buddy James Nobriga (Wailuku) 03/31/2024
- Antonette Eaton (Wailuku) 03/31/2024
The Board of Water Supply shall act as advisor to the Director of the Department of Water Supply, the Mayor and the Council in all matters concerning the county's water system. (Amended 2002, 1988)
- Meetings are usually scheduled for the third Thursday of the month but may be subject to change
- Meetings start at 1:30 p.m. but may be subject to change
- Meetings are usually held at the Planning Conference Room, 250 S. High Street, Wailuku, Hawaii but may be subject to change
- Board of Water Supply's Review and Comment of the Draft Maui Island Water Use and Development Plan (WUDP)
- Maui Island Water Use and Development Plan Draft - March 2019
- Maui County Charter: Chapter 11, Section 8-11.1 and Section 8-11.3
- Maui County Codes: Title 14, Article 1, Chapter 14.11, Appeals to the Board of Water Supply.
Supporting Department: Department of Water Supply
Phone: (808) 270-7304
Fax: (808) 270-7951
Secondary Contact, Office of the Mayor: (808) 270-7855