CENTRAL MAUI LANDFILL
We’ve heard your comments and have updated our Declaration of Non-Hazardous Construction and Demolition Waste Form
which now can be submitted via email! Forms can be emailed to us
, and upon review and approval, approved forms will be emailed back to you. For more information please call (808) 280-3416. For quickest results submit Declaration forms via email and include a Contractor’s email address for us to return completed forms to.
COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION & DEMOLITION WASTE ACCEPTANCE
Construction and Demolition Wastes
Construction and demolition (C&D) wastes are solid wastes resulting from the construction, repair, demolition, or razing of buildings, of roads, and other structures.
Commercial Customer Procedures to Bring C&D Wastes to Central Maui Landfill
Commercial customers who would like to bring C&D wastes to Maui County Landfills must have a valid landfill account and C&D Number. C&D wastes will only be accepted on weekdays from opening through 1PM. C&D will not be accepted on Saturdays and County Holidays. Loads consisting predominantly (i.e. greater than 50% by volume) of lightweight materials such as styrofoam, shredded paper, and sandblast material will only be accepted on weekdays from opening to 8AM. The County must issue a C&D Number before disposal can begin.
To Open a Landfill Account and Obtain a C&D Number
- Go to your local landfill and fill out the Landfill Account Application form.
- Upon approval of your Landfill Account, conduct a hazardous waste assessment and testing to ensure that C&D wastes delivered do not contain hazardous wastes.
- Read through all terms and conditions and complete the Declaration of Non-Hazardous Construction and Demolition Waste Form: email or mail it in to:
Central Maui Landfill
P.O Box 518
Puunene, Hi 96784
- Approval of the site specific C&D Number may require up to 7 business days.
- C&D Numbers are good for six months. After this period, a new Declaration of Non-Hazardous Construction and Demolition Waste Form must be submitted for a new C&D Job Number for another maximum six month period.
- Approved C&D Forms will be emailed or mailed back to the Contractor. Please write legibly or utilize the fillable Declaration Form. If we can’t read it, we can’t help you!
- If additional transporters other than the hauler specified on the Declaration will be used, you must submit an additional separate copy of the Declaration form.
- Transporter(s) shall give the C&D Job Number to the landfill scalehouse attendant for every commercial C&D waste delivery.