Commission on Persons With Disabilities
The Commission on Persons with Disabilities assists the County in rendering services to persons with disabilities by performing the following duties:
- Reviews County policies and practices to determine their impact on persons with disabilities
- Recommends use of monies received from federal and state governments designated for programs and improved accessibility for persons with disabilities
- Recommends changes to policies and practices that do not meet the requirements of federal, state, or county law
- Reviews County program and facility access to determine their impact on persons with disabilities and recommends changes and additions to ensure full availability of services to persons with disabilities
- Promotes housing, employment, transportation and other activities which address the needs of persons with disabilities
- Educates providers of community services and other members of the community concerning non-discriminatory practices and laws regarding persons with disabilities
To make recommendations to the mayor & the council & county officials for policies, programs & systemic changes that maximize independence & community integration for Maui citizens with disabilities & promote compliance with the American Disabilities Act.
Promote & enhance equality of life for Maui citizens with disabilities through advocacy & education by working with our community, elected & other county officials who have the ability to make change.
Agendas & Minutes
View available agendas and minutes for the Commission on Persons with Disabilities meetings.
- John Copeland 3/31/2025 Wailuku
- Joseph D'Alessandro 3/31/2024 Wailuku
- Evalina "Nani" Watanabe 3/31/2024 Wailuku
- Ricky Sanches 3/31/2022 Lanai
- Kimberly West 3/31/2022 Kihei
- Faraz Azizsoltani 3/31/2021 Lahaina
- Cranston Kapoi 3/31/2021 Wailuku
- Rules of Practice and Procedure for the Commission on Persons with Disabilities
- Maui County Code Title 2 Chapter 2.32
Supporting Department: Department of Housing and Human Concerns
Phone: (808) 270-7805
Secondary Contact, Office of the Mayor: (808) 270-7855