Claims for Property Damage or Personal Injury

The Office of the County Clerk processes claims for property damage or personal injury.

The following requirements must be met before a claim can be processed:
  • Claims for property damage or personal injury must be signed by the property owner or the injured person.
  • The person signing must be over 18 years of age.
  • If a duly authorized agent or representative signs on behalf of a claimant, evidence establishing the authority to act must be attached.

Property Damage Claim
In addition, the following information must be filed for property damage claims:
  • Three itemized, signed estimates of the repairs or replacement costs must be submitted.
  • If payment has been made, the itemized, signed receipt must be submitted.
  • If the claim includes loss-of-use of vehicle or car rental costs, documentation to that effect should also be submitted.
  • For vehicle property damage, a copy of the certificate of ownership or vehicle registration must be attached when submitting your claim.

Personal Injury Claims
In addition, the following information must be filed for personal injury claims:
  • Written documentation by the attending physician must be submitted. This would include any medical treatment or billing information, prescribed medications and the period of incapacitation, if relevant.

Claim Form
Click here to access the claim form. The claim form must be filled out completely, accurately, and legibly in order to process your claim. Submit your claim form bearing your original signature to:

Office of the County Clerk
County of Maui
200 South High Street, Room 708
Wailuku, HI 96793