Maui County Arborist Committee
ResponsibilitiesThe Maui County arborist committee which shall consist of nine members appointed and who may be removed by the Mayor with notice to, but without approval by, the County Council. The members shall be residents of the County with professional or other interest in landscape beautification.
There shall be six nonvoting, ex-officio members consisting of: the arborist, the plan reviewer, the Director of the Department of Parks and Recreation, the Director of the Department of Public Works, the Director of the Department of Planning, and the Director of Housing and Human Concerns or their respective designees.
The scope of the committee shall include recommendations for; a landscape planting plan in public areas throughout the county, shall be a reviewing body for any landscape planting in public parks and street beautification programs and shall recommend exceptional trees to be protected and provide appropriate protective ordinances.
Agendas, Minutes & Additional ResourcesView available agendas and minutes for the Maui County Arborist Advisory Committee meetings.
- Jake Musson (Makawao) 3/31/2023
- Barbara Fernandez (Kula) 3/31/2025
- John (Jack) Patnode (Kula) 3/31/2025
- Karen Comcowich (Lahaina) 3/31/2026
- Joseph Imhoff (Makawao) 3/31/2026
- Roger (Alex) Clapp (Lahaina) 03/31/2027
- Kenneth (Duane) Sparkman (Wailuku) 03/31/27
- Arborist Committee County Charter
- Arborist Committee Plans Review Form
- Arborist Committee Practices and Procedures
- Maui County Planting Plan (Revised 3/9/2016)
- Ordinance 3737 - pertaining to Exceptional Trees in the County of Maui
- Ordinance 4908 - Amendment to Exceptional Trees
- 5-1 Arborist Committee Request for Exceptional Tree Consideration
- 5-2 Acceptance for Exceptional Tree Status
- Annual Exceptional Tree Inspection Form
- Arbortist Committee Action Request Form
- Exceptional Tree and Palm Nomination Application
Contact InformationSupporting Department: Department of Parks & Recreation
Phone: (808) 270-7230
Fax: (808) 270-7934
Secondary Contact, Office of the Mayor: (808) 270-7855