Maui Planning Commission
The Maui Planning Commission meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. This Commission:
- Focuses on the area encompassing the island of Maui and the adjacent waters.
- Advises the Mayor, County Council, and Planning Director in matters concerning planning programs.
- Reviews the general plan and revisions thereof prepared by the Planning Director or at the request of the County Council, and after public hearings, transmits findings and recommendations to the County Council for consideration and action.
- Reviews other proposed land use ordinances and amendments prepared by the Planning Director or by the County Council, and after public hearings, transmits findings and recommendations to the County Council for consideration and action.
- Acts as the authority in all matters relating to the Coastal Zone Management Law.
- Adopts rules pursuant to land use ordinances or law.
Agendas, Meeting Documents & Minutes
View available agendas and minutes for the Maui Planning Commission meetings. Meeting documents are posted as they become available.
- Lawrence Carnicelli - Chairperson (Kihei) 3/31/2021
- Christian Tackett - Vice Chairperson (Wailuku) 3/31/2022
- Stephen Castro, Sr. (Kahului) 3/31/2021
- Jerry Edlao - (Wailuku) 3/31/2022
- Kawika Freitas (Makawao) 3/31/2023
- P. Denise La Costa (Lahaina) 3/31/2023
- Kellie Pali (Kihei) 3/31/2024
- Melvin Hipolito - (Makawao) 3/31/2025
- Dale Thompson (Lahaina) 3/31/2025
- State of Hawaii Office of Environmental Quality Control EA and EIS Online Library
- Chapter 4 - Rules Relating to the Country Town Design Guidelines for Paia-Haiku Community Plan Area for the Maui Planning Commission
- Chapter 201 - Rules of Practice and Procedure for the Maui Planning Commission
- Chapter 202 - Special Management Area Rules for the Maui Planning Commission
- Chapter 203 - Shoreline Rules for the Maui Planning Commission
- Chapter 205 - Rules Relating to the Community Design Guidelines for the Hana Community Plan Area for the Maui Planning Commission
- pertaining to Planning Commissions
Supporting Department: Department of Planning
Phone: (808) 270-7735
Fax: (808) 270-7634
Secondary Contact, Office of the Mayor: (808) 270-7855