COVID-19 Precautionary MeasuresThe Engineering Division is not accepting any walk-in appointments at this time. Please mail documents to us at:
Department of Water Supply
200 South High Street, 5th Floor
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
Phone: (808) 270-7835
- Reviews and approves building permit applications, preliminary subdivision applications, and requests for water service for conformity with departmental standards
- Reviews and approves development plans for conformity with departmental standards
- Oversees Capital Improvement Program and administers planning, design, and construction contracts
- Prepares and administers agreements with public agencies and private developers
- Prepares design documents for construction bidding and in-house construction work
- Conducts studies, tests, and investigations
Water System StandardsDWS 2002 Water System Standards governs the design and construction of water system facilities under the jurisdiction of the Department of Water Supply. Amendments to the 2002 Water System Standards are for Maui County only.
Upcountry Priority ListThe Upcountry Priority List is updated each year by removing properties offered water service in the prior year from the list. The current list dated January 1, 2022 and is available for viewing in two formats - by priority number and by tax map key.
- Effective January 1, 2013, these rules do not allow the department to accept any new applications for water service to be placed on the Upcountry Priority List.
- These rules also require the department to process applications for water service in the order of the priority list.
Property owners will be notified by certified letter with information, such as water system improvements and any applicable fees, that will be required for approval of water service.