Parks, Recreation, Energy, and Legal Affairs Committee
The Parks, Recreation, Energy, and Legal Affairs Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 1:30 p.m. on the Tuesday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
Agendas, Minutes and Other Documents
Link to view available agendas, minutes for the Parks, Recreation, Energy, and Legal Affairs Committee.
Effective February 21, 2017, the following committee documents such as Items List, Committee Reports are available at www.mauicounty.us. Effective July 1, 2018, committee meeting agendas and minutes are available on this page and at www.mauicounty.us.
- Don S. Guzman, Chair
- Kelly T. King, Vice-Chair
- Alika Atay
- Robert Carroll
- Elle Cochran
- Stacy Crivello
- Riki Hokama
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura
- Mike White
- Cultural, leisure, recreational, and parks matters.
- Management and potential acquisition of public recreational lands, including parks, open space, natural and cultural resources and scenic view preservation, including grants of such property.
- Authorization of permits for events and activities conducted on Maui County’s public parks and facilities.
- Energy issues (including solar, geothermal, wind, biomass, hydropower, wave energy production, bio-fuel and synthetic fuel production, power systems, and energy-efficient technologies for buildings).
- Litigation matters, including appointment of special counsel, indemnification, and authorization of settlement.
- Investigations of the operations of (a) any department of function of the county and (b) any subject upon which the council may authorize.
- Operations of the Department of Parks and Recreation and the operational oversight of any grants it administers; the Department of the Corporation Counsel, including ethics regulations; the Department of the Prosecuting Attorney; and the Office of Economic Development’s Energy Office.
◾Carla Nakata, Legislative Attorney
◾Traci Fujita, Legislative Attorney
◾Pauline Martins, Committee Secretary
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686