Renewal of Liquor License
COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
Effective March 23 , 2020, all County offices shall be closed to the public in order to protect its employees and the public from the spread of COVID-19 .
Walk-ins and face-to-face appointments are suspended until further notice. Licensees may mail their original completed renewal of liquor license application form and all other required documents to the department (2145 Kaohu Street, Room 105, Wailuku , Hawaii 96793).
Should you have any questions regarding your application for renewal of liquor license, please contact the Liquor Control Auditor II at (808) 243- 7772.
Please insure the following items are submitted:
- Your completed original application form for renewal of liquor license;
- Tax clearance (original or certified copy) from the State Department of Taxation
(Effective July 2018, Federal tax clearance is no longer required.)
- Basic fee payment;
- Any other required documents.
- All renewal applications for the 2020-2021 fiscal year is extended to 4:30 p.m. on June 30, 2020. The deadline was originally June 15, 2020. Any licensee that does not renew by the deadline will have their current liquor license expire on June 30, 2020.
- Certificate of Liquor Liability Insurance (for Class 2, 4, 6, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18), is waived for renewal of liquor license, provided that licensee shall not receive their FY 2021 liquor license until proof of liquor liability insurance is provided prior to the reopening of the licensed premises.
Liquor licensees are responsible to obtain their State tax clearance. Tax clearances shall be dated within ninety (90) days of the acceptance of your Application for Renewal of Liquor License.
The Application for Renewal of Liquor License must be complete, correct, and accepted by this department to be considered filed. Incomplete documents will be returned to you. This may delay the issuance or prevent the renewal of your liquor license.
All documents and payments must be mailed directly to the office of the Department of Liquor Control, 2145 Kaohu Street, Room 105, Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii 96793, and must be received and accepted by the Department no later than 4:30 p.m. on June 30, 2020.
Should you have any questions regarding your application for renewal of liquor license, please contact Liquor Control Auditor II at (808) 243-7772.