Renewal of Liquor License
COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
Face-to-face appointments are suspended until further notice.
Public is encouraged to e-mail the department with any questions.
If you do visit us in person, we ask all visitors for their continued cooperation and to please:
- wear a face mask or other cloth face covering;
- maintain a six-foot distance apart from others; and
- use hand sanitizers that have been made available
Please insure the following items are submitted:
- Your completed original application form for renewal of liquor license;
- Tax clearance (original or certified copy) from the State Department of Taxation
- **Certificate of Liquor Liability Insurance (for Class 2, 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18);
- Basic fee payment;
- Any other required documents.
- Proof of liquor liability insurance required by Section 281-31(s), HRS, is waived for the renewal of the liquor license provided that:
- A letter signed by the licensee or its authorized agent is submitted to the Department at the time of renewal stating that the licensed premises is currently closed;
- The Licensee shall not receive their FY2021-2022 liquor license until proof of liquor liability insurance is provided to the department prior to the reopening of the licensed premises.
Application for renewal of a liquor license filing deadline, as required by Rules of the Liquor Commission, Section 08-101-33(e) is extended to 4:30 p.m. on June 30, 2021.
Liquor Licensees are responsible to obtain their State tax clearances. Tax clearances shall be dated within ninety (90) days of the acceptance of your Application for Renewal of Liquor License.
Pursuant to Section 08-101-33(e) of the Rules of the Liquor Commission, an application for renewal of a liquor license cannot be accepted for filing by the department prior to April 1, 2021.
In no case shall an application for renewal of a liquor license be accepted unless it includes the completed application, State tax clearance, Certificate of Liquor Liability Insurance (for Class 2, 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18) or letter stating that the licensed premises is currently closed, basic fee payment, and all other required documents.
DUE TO COVID-19, “WALK-IN REVIEWS” WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
The Application for Renewal of Liquor License and all required documents must be mailed in or dropped off at the Department of Liquor Control.
Department’s policy prohibits Liquor Control Officers from accepting or receiving any documents or fees. All documents and payments must be mailed directly to or dropped off at the office of the Department of Liquor Control, 2145 Kaohu Street, Room 105, Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii 96793, and must be received & accepted by the Department no later than 4:30 p.m., June 30, 2021.
Please use only the current Application for Renewal of Liquor License form as revised in 2020. Submittal of prior versions of the renewal form will be subject to rejection. Business Contact Email address listed on the application must be valid and current for the Department’s use in disseminating information to licensees as discrepancies regarding your liquor license renewal will be disseminated via the email address you provide.
Should you have any questions, please contact Sandra Kobayashi at (808) 243-7772.