Click on the document titles below to be directed to the FEMA website where you can download your own copy.
- Above the Flood: Elevating Your Floodprone House, FEMA-347 (2000)
- Answers to Questions About the National Flood Insurance Program, F-084 (2011)
- Coastal Construction Manual, FEMA-P-55, (2011)
- Elevated Residential Structures, FEMA-54 (1984)
- Protecting Manufactured Homes from Floods and Other Hazards, FEMA P-85 (2009)
- Mitigation of Flood and Erosion Damage to Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas, FEMA-257 (1994)
- Protecting Building Utilities From Flood Damage, FEMA-P-348 (1999)
- Protecting Floodplain Resources, FEMA-268 (1996)
- Reducing Damage from Localized Flooding, FEMA 511 (2005)
Local Library Resources
The State library system has these publications available to check out at your local library. Find them in their online catalog at www.librarieshawaii.org.
- Flood Insurance Study: Maui County, Hawaii by FEMA.
- Draft Environmental Assessment for Modification to the ʻĪao Stream Flood Control Project, Wailuku, Island of Maui, Hawaiʻi by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Disaster and Climate Change Preparedness in Maui: a Handbook for Communities by Kati Corlew.
- Flash Flooding Standard Operating Procedure by the Oahu Civil Defense Agency.
- Lahaina Watershed, County of Maui, Hawaii: Final Watershed Plan and Environmental Assessment by the Maui County (Hawaii) West Maui Soil and Water Conservation District. Soil Conservation Service.
- Beach Management Plan for Maui by the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Sea Grant Extension Service. Maui County (Hawaii). Dept. of Planning.
- A statewide ocean recreation management plan for the State of Hawaiʻi: final report. Addendum: North Shore of Maui by the Hawaii Dept. of Transportation Harbors Division.
- County of Maui Emergency Operations Plan by the Hawaii Dept. of Defense. Civil Defense Division. Maui County (Hawaii) County of Maui Plan for Emergency Preparedness Maui County (Hawaii). Civil Defense Agency.
- Environmental Assessment: Maui Coastal Wetlands Boardwalk & Wildlife Interpretive Facilities, Kealia Pond National Wildlife Refuge by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Division of Refuges and Wildlife.
- Ho'ola Hou I Ke Kino O Kanaloa: Kaho'olawe Environmental Restoration by the University of Hawaii at Manoa. Social Science Research Institute. Kahoolawe Island Reserve Commission (U.S.).
- Flood Warning by Katharine Kenah
- Atlas of Hawaiian Watersheds & Their Aquatic Resources, Island of Maui by James E. Parham Hawaii Dept. of Land and Natural Resources. Aquatic Resources Division.
- Flood Control and Flood Water Conservation in Hawaii by the Hawaii Division of Water and Land Development.
- Are You Ready?: An In-Depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness by the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency. Citizen Corps (USA Freedom Corps).
- Natural Hazard Considerations for Purchasing Coastal Real Estate in Hawaiʻi: A Practical Guide of Common Questions and Answers by Dolan Eversole. University of Hawaii at Manoa. Sea Grant College Program.
- Extreme Weather: A Guide to Surviving Flash Floods, Severe Snowstorms, Hurricanes, Tsunamis, and Other Natural Disasters by Bonnie Schneider.
- Tsunami man: learning about killer waves with Walter Dudley by Anthony D. Fredericks.
- Tsunamis in Hawaii by Walter C. Dudley.