Emergency Services Dispatcher Fast Track Application Event
EMERGENCY SERVICES DISPATCHER I (SR-16)
Welcome to the County of Maui’s Department of Personnel Services. This page is specifically for the Emergency Services Dispatcher Fast Track Application Event scheduled for Saturday January 27, 2018. The position being applied for is Emergency Services Dispatcher I (SR-16).
Interested Applicants should be prepared for the following:
- All applications must be submitted on-line. You can apply at the County of Maui website or by clicking on the button below
- Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will receive an invitation to appear at the event. Minimum qualifications for this position include: Training and Experience: A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to graduation from high school and two years of radio telephone or telephone switchboard operation, dispatching, public contact or clerical/technical supervisory work experience, including or supplemented by experience which demonstrates proficiency in typing and/or computer keyboard techniques and skills.
- Applicants who receive an invitation to the event should be prepared to take the civil service examination. The test will be administered at 9:00 a.m. for those who apply early and meet the minimum qualifications. Applicants who pass the test should expect to be interviewed that day. Appropriate attire is recommended.
- Applicants should also be prepared to provide information about their work history.
- Interested applicants who do not apply on-line by January 27, 2018 can do so that morning between 7:00 – 8:00 a.m. Walk-in applicants who meet the minimum qualifications must be processed before 9:00 a.m. to participate in the test taking.
- For first time applicants with the County of Maui will have to create an applicant profile. Once you’ve created your profile you can continue with the application process.
License Requirement: None.
Knowledge of: office practices and procedures; filing methods and systems; punctuation, grammar, spelling and word usage; the purpose and uses of standard office equipment; geography of the islands of the County of Maui; emergency response services of the County; principles and techniques in dealing with people.
Ability to: learn departmental and agency rules and regulations, classification and coding methods, and pertinent information to be relayed to callers and responders; learn principles and techniques of crisis communications; learn pertinent laws and ordinances of the State and County; learn to operate radio-telephone and computer equipment; communicate clearly and calmly with responders and the general public; make sound decisions under stressful conditions; operate a keyboard; operate standard office equipment.
Health and Physical Condition:
Persons seeking appointment to positions in this class must meet the health and physical condition standards deemed necessary and proper to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Physical Effort Grouping: Light.
For more information about the Emergency Services Dispatcher job description, salary and benefits click on the button below.