The Police Commission prepares and submits to the Mayor a request for an annual appropriation for the operation of the department, appoints the Police Chief, receives, reviews, and investigates charges brought forth by the public against the conduct of the department or any of its members, and submits a written report of its findings and recommendations to the Chief of Police for disposition.
Agendas, Minutes & Documents
Note:*Meeting Materials are posted as they become available.
- Frank De Rego, Jr – Chair (03/31/25)
- Stacey Moniz – Vice Chair (03/31/2026)
- Matthew Mano (03/31/2024)
- Janet Kuwahawa (03/31/2025)
- Travis Tancayo (03/31/2026)
- Lahela Aiwohi (03/31/2027)
- Kekoa Mowat (03/31/2027)
- Bill Richardson (03/31/2028)
- Frank Tam (03/31/2028)
- Maui Police Commission Information Brochure
- Police Commission Rules, Title MC-13, Subtitle 01, Chapter 101
- Maui Police Commission Complaint Form
- In accordance with the Police Commission's Administrative Rules, complaints that are 1) not filed within sixty calendar days of the occurrence of the event which is the basis of the complaint; or 2) the complainant has given notice of the complainant's intention to seek remedies through a civil suit may not be processed or referred for investigation.
Phone: (808) 244-6440
Email:Maui Police Commission