The Police Commission prepares and submits to the Mayor a request for an annual appropriation for the operation of the department, appoints the Police Chief, receives, reviews, and investigates charges brought forth by the public against the conduct of the department or any of its members, and submits a written report of its findings and recommendations to the Chief of Police for disposition.
Agendas, Minutes, Meeting Documents
View most recent Agenda/Minutes | View all Meeting Documents*
View All Agendas & Minutes
Note: *Meeting Documents are posted as they become available.
- Frank De Rego, Jr. - Chair 3/31/2025
- Janet Kuwahara - Vice Chair 3/31/2025
- Mark Redeker 3/31/2023
- Emmett Rodrigues 3/31/2023
- Matthew Mano 3/31/2024
- Stacey Moniz 3/31/2026
- Travis Tancayo 3/31/2026
- Lahela Aiwohi 3/31/2027
- Maui Police Commission Information Brochure
- Police Commission Rules, Title MC-13, Subtitle 01, Chapter 101
- Maui Police Commission Complaint Form
- In accordance with the Police Commission's Administrative Rules, complaints that are 1) not filed within sixty calendar days of the occurrence of the event which is the basis of the complaint; or 2) the complainant has given notice of the complainant's intention to seek remedies through a civil suit may not be processed or referred for investigation.
Police Commission Secretary
Phone: (808) 244-6440
Email: Maui Police Commission