Governance, Ethics, and Transparency Committee
The Governance, Ethics, and Transparency Committee meetings are held in the Council Chamber at 9:00 am on the Tuesday prior to the first and third Fridays of each month; however, the schedule is subject to change. The Committee may also periodically schedule site inspections.
Agendas, Minutes, and Other Documents
Link to view available agendas, minutes for the Governance, Ethics, and Transparency Committee.
Effective June 2, 2020, the following documents are now available on http://mauicounty.us/committees/: Items List (a listing of committee items), Agendas, Minutes, and Committee Reports.
The Subscription List to receive committee agendas via email is now available at https://mauicounty.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx - Agenda Updates, *Email Address: enter your email address in the box, click Submit, view and make your selection(s), and then click Submit. You will receive a confirmation email from the County of Maui Hawaii.
Effective February 21, 2017, the following committee documents such as Items List and Committee Reports are available at www.mauicounty.us. Committee meeting agendas and minutes are available on this page and at www.mauicounty.us.
- Michael J. Molina, Chair
- Keani N.W. Rawlins-Fernandez, Vice-Chair
- Riki Hokama
- Tasha Kama
- Kelly T. King
- Alice L. Lee
- Tamara Paltin
- Shane M. Sinenci
- Yuki Lei K. Sugimura
- Mayoral appointments requiring Council approval, including board and commission members and administrative heads of departments.
- Litigation matters, including appointment of special counsel, indemnification, and authorization of settlement.
- Issues relating to government ethics and transparency.
- With Council authorization, conduct investigations of: (i) the operation of any department or function of the County; and (ii) any subject over which the Council has legislative authority and upon which the Council may authorize.
- Amendments to the Charter and oversight of implementing amendments passed in the previous election.
- Intergovernmental issues, including the Hawaii State Association of Counties and non-financial intergovernmental agreements.
- Operations and performance audits of the Office of the Mayor (except the Office of Economic Development), Department of the Corporation Counsel, Department of Management, Office of Council Services, Office of the County Clerk, Department of Fire and Public Safety, Department of Liquor Control, Department of Personnel Services, Department of Police, and Department of the Prosecuting Attorney, including the operational oversight of any grants they administer.
- Implementation of the following General Plan objective: Strive for Good Governance.
Shelly Espeleta, Legislative Analyst
Pauline Martins, Committee Secretary
James Forrest, Legislative Attorney
Email: [email protected]
Ph: (808) 270-7838
Fax: (808) 270-7686