MAPPS, Maui’s Automated Planning and Permitting System is LIVE
The County of Maui has launched MAPPS, Maui’s Automated Planning and Permitting System.
What is MAPPS?
MAPPS is a new web-based software application designed to support the County of Maui’s planning and permitting processes. MAPPS has replaced the County's legacy system, KivaNet.
A list of the permit and plan related case type applications that are now available in MAPPS can be found on the Applications page of the MAPPS Support website. With the launch of MAPPS on April 18, 2022, the County of Maui no longer accepts any paper applications for any new permit and plan review applications listed on the Applications page. These planning and permitting applications and any supporting documents need to be submitted online via the MAPPS system.
Some existing applications that were submitted prior to April 18, 2022 may continue to be processed via paper. Please contact the appropriate County Department if you have any questions by visiting our Support/Help Contact Information page.
To give you an overview of MAPPS, watch the following video:
How to access MAPPS
MAPPS is a web-based system, therefore all you need to access it is a computer or device that is connected to the internet, and an internet browser (Google Chrome is the preferred and supported browser for MAPPS).
Here is a link to the MAPPS Customer Self Service portal, also known as CSS, which is the public access to the MAPPS system.
How to get started
To learn all about MAPPS, visit the MAPPS Support website, that was launched along with MAPPS to provide information and resources to teach users what is available in MAPPS and how to navigate the new MAPPS system.
On the MAPPS Support website, you will find:
- CSS help videos and printable reference guides, covering various topics to help you learn how to navigate the system on the site’s “How Do I” page
- The Searches in MAPPS page can help you find information you are looking for in MAPPS via the system’s search function. You can search for planning and permitting related records, whether you are a registered user or not.
- Listings of all case type applications available in MAPPS that will link you to the instruction page for each case type application
- Help with creating a MAPPS login on the Create a login for a MAPPS Customer Self Service (CSS) Account page
- A FAQ page for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- The Customer Self Service Portal page that provides a link to the MAPPS CSS, helpful information about CSS and your CSS Dashboard where you find information pertaining to your account once you registered with MAPPS and have a case associated with your account.
- A Support Contact Information page where you can identify the correct County department/division to reach out to for support if you cannot find the answers you are looking for on the MAPPS Support website