The objective of the Housing Division is to create housing opportunities for low and moderate income residents through partnerships with community organization with the objectives of:
- Developing long-term affordable rental housing units
- Increasing availability of home ownership opportunities
- Developing special needs housing with appropriate support services
- Notice of Public Hearing County of Maui 2020 Request for Proposals HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program and National Housing Trust Fund (HTF), click here to learn more.
- April is recognized as the National Fair Housing Month. Click here to read the proclamation signed by Mayor Michael P. Victorino in honor of the Fair Housing Act.
- Beware of mortgage modification loan scams! Click here Opens a New Window. to learn how to look for the warning signs.
- Act 48: The Mortgage Foreclosure Law. Click here Opens a New Window. for information on mortgage foreclosure options, presented by the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.
2020 TO 2024 COUNTY OF MAUI CONSOLIDATED PLAN SURVEY
The purpose of the 2020 to 2024 Consolidated Plan Survey is to seek the public’s input for the development of the County of Maui 2020 to 2024 Consolidated Plan Priorities. Your participation will help to shape the County of Maui Consolidated Plan for the next five years.
Click the link below to complete the survey.
ResponsibilitiesSpecifically, the Housing Division is responsible for the following programs and activities:
- Section 8 Rental Assistance Program
- Monitoring of employee/affordable housing conditions
- Administration of HOME Investment Partnership Program funds, which assists in expanding affordable housing opportunities
- Promotion of fair housing practices in the County of Maui
- Providing technical and financial assistance to facilitate the approval and development of affordable housing projects assisting low income families
- Secure housing rehabilitation loans and/or grants
- Monitoring the management of County-owned rental housing projects
- First Time Homebuyers Assistance Program
- Affordable Housing Fund Program
- Reviewing and monitoring of Residential Workforce Housing Policy - Chapter 2.96, Maui County Code Opens a New Window.
- Notice of Public Hearing Opens a New Window.
- Proposed Housing Choice Voucher Administrative Plan Opens a New Window.
- Accessory Dwelling Units Opens a New Window.
- Fair Housing Resource Information Opens a New Window.
- Lanai City Affordable Housing Project Opens a New Window.
- Landlord - Tenant Issues
- Landlord - Tenant Handbook Opens a New Window.
- Landlord - Tenant Issues Hotline: (808) 984-2400 ext 62634