COVID-19 Precautionary MeasuresThe Housing Division is open to the public. Please wear a mask and bring a pen with you. As an alternative to visiting in-person, you are encouraged to call the office for assistance.
To reach the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program, please dial (808) 270-7751.
To reach the Housing Administration, please dial (808) 270-7351.
Maui County Emergency Rental Assistance ProgramThe Maui County Emergency Rental Assistance Program is now accepting applications. All applicants are required to submit an online pre-screening application.
The objective of the Housing Division is to create housing opportunities for low and moderate income residents through partnerships with community organization with the objectives of:
- Developing long-term affordable rental housing units
- Increasing availability of home ownership opportunities
- Developing special needs housing with appropriate support services
- Housing Division now seeking proposals from qualified applicants for the development of HTF, HOME, and HOME-ARP Program-eligible projects.
Proposals must be received by 4:00 pm on October 31, 2022.
- Housing Division now seeking proposals from qualified applicants for the use of Affordable Housing Funds for the development of eligible housing projects or programs. Proposals must be received by 4:00 pm on October 31, 2022.
- Section 8 Rental Assistance Program
- Monitoring of employee/affordable housing conditions
- Administration of HOME Investment Partnership Program funds, which assists in expanding affordable housing opportunities
- Promotion of fair housing practices in the County of Maui
- Providing technical and financial assistance to facilitate the approval and development of affordable housing projects assisting low income families
- Secure housing rehabilitation loans and/or grants
- Monitoring the management of County-owned rental housing projects
- First Time Homebuyers Assistance Program
- Affordable Housing Fund Program
- Reviewing and monitoring of Residential Workforce Housing Policy - Chapter 2.96, Maui County Code Opens a New Window.
- First-Time Home Buyers Brochure
- Notice of Public Hearing Opens a New Window.
- Proposed Housing Choice Voucher Administrative Plan Opens a New Window.
- Accessory Dwelling Units Opens a New Window.
- Fair Housing Resource Information Opens a New Window.
- Lanai City Affordable Housing Project Opens a New Window.
- Landlord - Tenant Issues
- Landlord - Tenant Handbook Opens a New Window.
- Landlord - Tenant Issues Hotline: (808) 984-2400 ext 62634