Grants Management Division (GMD)
The Department of Housing and Human Concerns (DHHC) Grants Management Division (GMD) is responsible for the administration of over $9 million in grants awarded by the County of Maui. Grants are awarded to organizations that provide services and programs to the community in the areas of social welfare, youth services, youth centers, homelessness, substance abuse, and other public service programs.
The Grants Program is administered by the GMD. The GMD executes and manages grants awarded by the County, and also solicits grant applications on behalf of the County.
Preliminary Grant Application
(FY 2019 & FY 2020)
In an effort to meet the needs of Maui County residents, all qualified private non-profit and for-profit organizations providing or planning to provide services and programs in the areas of social welfare, youth services, alcohol and substance abuse, homelessness, youth centers and other public service programs within Maui County are invited to submit a Preliminary Grant Application to the Department of Housing and Human Concerns (DHHC)
Funding periods will be from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 and July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.
Grant Fund Categories Include:
- Affordable Rental Housing
- Early Childhood Programs
- Food, Shelter and Safety
- Health, Human Services and Education
- Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment
- Youth Centers and Programs
- Animal Management (Sheltering, enforcement and spay/neuter)
- Must be a profit organization incorporated under the laws of the State of Hawaii, or a nonprofit organization determined to be exempt from federal income tax by the Internal Revenue Service
- In case of a nonprofit organization, have a governing board whose members have no material conflict of interest and serve without compensation
- Have bylaws or policies which describe the manner in which business is conducted. Such bylaws or policies shall include provisions relating to nepotism and management potential conflict-of-interest situations
- Be licensed and accredited in accordance with applicable requirements of federal, state, and County Governments, as necessary
Qualified organizations wishing to submit a request for grant funds are required to use the
Preliminary Grant Applications will be reviewed by the DHHC, and a list will be compiled and forwarded to the Mayor’s office for consideration in the FY 2019 Mayor’s Budget Proposal to the Maui County Council during the annual budget hearings process.
Forms Available: October 9, 2017 Due (NO LATER THAN): November 6, 2017
Monday - Friday (7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) at the
DHHC Grants Management Division (GMD) at
2200 Main Street, Suite 547,
To request an electronic copy call the GMD 270-7807 or
email: Grants Housing and Human Concerns
Hand delivered applications:
Must be received by the DHHC/GMD at
2200 Main St, Ste 547,
No Later Than: 4:30 p.m. on November 6, 2017.
Must be sent to:
DHHC, Grants Management Division
200 South High Street
Wailuku, Hawaii, 96793
and postmarked No Later Than: November 6, 2017.