Office on Aging
Aloha and Welcome to the Maui County Office on Aging!
As the designated local Area Agency on Aging, the Maui County Office on Aging Opens a New Window. is dedicated to promote and protect the well-being of older adults in Maui County. Our agency is authorized by the Older Americans Act, and our primary objective is to assist our Kupuna and caregivers lead dignified and meaningful lives in their own homes for as long as possible.
Our dedicated and compassionate staff members conduct: outreach to the elderly to identify and assess needs; refer clients to appropriate service agencies, and provide information and assistance to those who are in need of our services.
The Maui County Office on Aging annually updates a four-year area plan Opens a New Window. to reflect the priority needs of the County's older adults and their caregivers. Based on the area plan, the Maui County Office on Aging contracts with organizations serving the elderly to provide the following services:
In addition to those services listed above, the Maui County Office on Aging Opens a New Window. also provides a variety of Healthy Aging opportunities to the community, which include:
- Better Choices, Better Health is an evidence based, 6 week course that includes a Chronic Disease Self-Management Program, which includes diseases such as diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, and a variety of other disorders.
- Enhance Fitness is an evidence based, 3 times per week exercise program that helps to improve cardiovascular fitness, strength, flexibility, and balance. This program helps build relationships among participants and creates an exercise environment that is fun and friendly.
www.mauicountyadrc.org Opens a New Window. . To best serve our community, the Maui County Office on Aging website serves as an online Aging and Disability Resource Center for accessing information, assistance, and referral for families living near and far.
If you have any questions regarding our services, please call us at 808-270-7774 and we will be happy to further assist you.
Useful Links and Additional Information
Visit the following sites to learn more about the MCOA and its activities serving Maui County's Kupuna.
- Maui County Office on Aging and Aging and Disability Resource Center Opens a New Window.
- Elder care locator Opens a New Window.
- Opens a New Window.Commission on Person With Disabilities - Agendas and Minutes
- Maui County Council on Aging Opens a New Window. - Agendas and Minutes Opens a New Window.