COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
*** DUE TO COVID-19 CONCERNS, NO WALK-INS WILL BE ALLOWED FOR POLICE REPORT PICK UP ***
To obtain a copy of a police report, schedule property pick up or for covered offender registration appointments,
PLEASE CALL (808) 244-6355
(8:30am – 3:30pm, M-F excluding weekends and holidays)
How to Obtain a Copy of a Police and/or Vehicle Accident Report
- Contact the Police Department Records section to find out what documentation and/or information is required. Depending on the type of incident report, information requirements may vary.
- Complete a Police Report Request Form. A Police Request form will not be processed without a signed authorization.
- No fees will be collected for report copies under 25 pages in length. Fees may be charged for multiple requests or voluminous records ($0.25 per page/$5.00 per CD-R) at agency discretion.
- Forms: Police Report Request Form
- Payment: We accept cash (no bills over $20 please), personal checks, money orders, and cashier's checks.
- Reports may be picked up or mailed. Reports are not emailed or faxed.
- Fingerprinting (ink-rolled) may be done at the Wailuku, Kihei, Lahaina, Hana, Moloka'i, and Lana'i stations. Digital prints are not available for employment and/or licensing purposes.
- You must provide an addressed/postage paid 9"x12" envelope. The Police Department will mail the prints to
the agency requesting the prints in order to maintain the integrity of the fingerprints.
- Fees: Fingerprinting fees are $25 per fingerprint card (effective 7/2012).
- Payment: Accepted payment options are certified cashier's check, (no personal checks accepted) or money order made payable to: "County of Maui Department of Finance".
Criminal Abstracts(Shows Hawaii Convictions ONLY)
- You have two options to access a criminal abstract:
- Use the public terminal located in the lobby of the Wailuku Police Station or
- The State of Hawaii's online Adult Criminal Information Site. Located at https://ecrim.ehawaii.gov/ahewa/
- Fees: If you use the public terminal at Wailuku Police Station the cost is $25 per print out. Fees associated with using the Adult Criminal Information site are posted on that site.
- Payment: Criminal abstract printouts paid for in cash or money order/cashier's check made payable to "County of Maui Department of Finance".