Bus Service & Schedule Information
Maui Bus Public Transit System
The County of Maui currently funds a public bus system that provides service in and between various Central, South, West, Haiku, Kula and Upcountry Maui communities.
|Effective Thursday, July 1, 2021|
The Maui Bus will implement changes to existing bus routes as follows:
Maui Bus Fixed Route Service:
• Kihei Villager Route #15 and the Ka’anapali Islander Route #25 will resume service.
• The fixed route Senior, Student and Persons with a Disability monthly pass will be combined into (1) pass and will now be called a Reduced Monthly Pass for $25.00.
• The Reduced Monthly Pass include Seniors (55 years & older), paratransit eligible and persons with a certified disability fixed route card*, Medicare cardholders and students with a valid ID ages 24 years and younger.
o *Certified disabilities fixed route applicants shall be required to register with Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc. (MEO) to qualify for this rate. Please contact MEO at (808) 249-2990 for application and information.
• Children 5 years and under travel free and must be accompanied by a paying passenger.
Click to view the Fixed Route Bus Schedule effective July 1, 2021.
Maui Bus ADA Paratransit Service:
• All monthly and daily passes are no longer available for ADA Paratransit Service. The $2 one-way fare option will remain.
• A 12-Ride (one-way trip) ticket book will be available for purchase for $20.00. The ticket book is valid from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
Maui Bus Commuter Service:
• The Makawao-Kapalua Commuter, Kihei-Kapalua Commuter, Haiku-Wailea Commuter, and the Wailuku-Kapalua #3 and #4 will resume service. Please note that all times for the reinstated routes will go back to Pre-COVID routing and time schedule.
Click to view the Commuter Bus Schedule effective July 1, 2021.
|The Maui Bus fare changes are part of the recommendations provided by the Maui Bus Rates & Fee Study. The Study also considered recommendations from the Maui Short Range Transit Plan and the Council’s Performance and Fiscal Audits of the Department of Transportation. The final Maui Bus Rates & Fee Study is available at www.gettingonboardmauibus.com.
As a reminder, pursuant to the Presidential Executive Order 13998, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) issued Directive 152/84-21-01, which requires masks to be worn at all times while utilizing public transportation.
Maui Bus ADA Paratransit Program
Our ADA paratransit service is an advance reservation, curb-to-curb service for persons with disabilities who are unable to use the regular fixed route public transit service.
Maui Bus Commuter Service
The Maui Bus Commuter service is designed for early morning and evening commuters. This service augments the existing Maui Bus service; it does not replace it.
This service consists of four commuter routes, all operated by Roberts Hawaii. The routes are the Haiku-Wailea Commuter, Makawao-Kapalua Commuter, Wailuku-Kapalua Commuter, And the Kihei-Kapalua Commuter.
MEO Human Services Transportation
Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc. (MEO) operates Human Services Transportation under a grant from the County of Maui. With this grant, MEO provides needed services to Maui County's low-income, elderly, persons with disabilities, medically needy, youth and children, other disadvantaged persons, persons with employment related scenarios, and the general public.