Our mission is to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the general public by regulating and controlling the liquor industry in the importation, manufacture, sale and service of alcoholic beverages.
The Department of Liquor Control is responsible for the regulation and control of the importation, manufacture, sale, and service of alcoholic beverages by providing services in liquor license and permit applications, licensees' education, site inspections, and enforcement of liquor laws and rules.
The Department of Liquor Control strives to:
- Enforce the Hawaii Revised Statutes and the Rules of the Liquor Commission, County of Maui
- Promote liquor control through alcohol education and to achieve voluntary compliance with liquor laws and rules by licensees
- Control the conditions associated with the importation, manufacture, sale, and service of alcoholic beverages through a fair and efficient licensing and permit process
- Provide the necessary staff and services to the Liquor Commission and Liquor Control Adjudication Board to carry out their responsibilities as set forth within the Hawaii Revised Statutes and the Charter of the County of Maui.
News / Announcements
- Fingerprinting Procedures Opens a New Window.
- FBI Fee Change for Fingerprints Opens a New Window.
Opens a New Window.
- State Legislature Opens a New Window.
- Amendments to Chapters 101 and 102 of the Rules of the Liquor Commission effective August 2019
Information is provided on this site on an as is and as available basis. The information is accurate to the best of our knowledge and is subject to change on a regular basis, without notice.
The Department is not providing legal advice by providing the information. While every effort is made to provide useful information, the Department does not warrant the information to be authoritative, complete, final, factual, timely or accurate.
The availability of and/or the information does not constitute endorsement of the content of the information. If you feel that the information obtained is inaccurate or offensive, the Department suggests that you contact the original producer or distributor of that information.
The Department shall not be liable for any damages resulting from errors, omissions, or information provided, and disclaim any liability, loss, injury, or damage incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, in the application of any of the contents of this site.
Users are cautioned that any conclusions which they may draw from information obtained from this site are their own and not to be attributed to the Department of Liquor Control, County of Maui.