Maui Emergency Management Agency
Utilizing emergency management principles, we protect all persons within the County of Maui to achieve whole community resiliency.
This includes planning, preparing, and coordinating emergency management operations in meeting disaster situations and coordinating post-disaster recovery operations.
- Maui Nui Strong - County of Maui, Office of Economic Development
- County of Maui - COVID-19 Information
- State of Hawaii, Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control COVID-19
March Flood Events
Assistance for flood victims:
- State Volunteers Active in Disasters is working
- Immediate help from:
- Maui Emergency Management Agency 270-7285
- American Red Cross, 244-0051, (located at the Cameron Center, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku)
- Maui United Way, 244-8787
- Salvation Army, 871-6270 in Kahului and 661-5335 in Lahaina
- Aloha United Way Call 211 7 days a week, 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Feed My Sheep Maui Feed My Sheep Maui provides food distribution.
Maka'ala - Emergency Alerts
Receive alerts about emergencies and other important community news by signing up for our Emergency Alert Program. This system enables us to provide you with critical information quickly for a variety of emergency situations.
New Everbridge (Maka'ala) Mobile App
Information: We recommend that subscribers download and install the Everbridge Mobile App, available for Android and Apple devices. The App will provide an alternative method for receiving alerts and information from Maui County.
Everbridge’s (Maka'ala) SMARTWeather Service
Weather alerts through Maka’ala are sent using Everbridge’s SMARTWeather service. The service delivers subscriber selected weather alerts automatically as they are issued by the National Weather Service, based on the location defined by the address(s) inputted by the subscriber.
The SMARTWeather service has a system defined “quiet time” from 10 PM to 5 AM for all subscribers. Maka’ala subscribers can override the system “quiet time” by selecting their own user defined “quiet time”. All “quiet time” settings will be overridden by warning level alerts issued by the NWS, and MEMA has the ability to override all “quiet time” settings for the dissemination of emergency information deemed critical to public safety.