All bicycles that have two tandem wheels that are 20 inches or more in diameter and all mopeds are required to be registered. Bicycles with wheels less than 20 inches in diameter are not required to be registered but owners may register them to facilitate the return of a recovered stolen bicycle.
- The permanent registration fee is $15.
- The replacement tag fee is $2.
You must be at least 18 years of age to register a bicycle or moped. A safety inspection and a notarized Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin is required to register a new, first-time registered moped. Bicycles currently registered in another state are exempt from registration until the expiration of that state's tag.
If the out-of-state registration certificate is lost or expired, the applicant must provide proof of ownership in the form of a bill of sale, invoice, or receipt which adequately describes the bicycle or moped.
Transfer of Ownership
To record a transfer of ownership for a bicycle or moped, you must submit the last issued certificate of registration released by the owner of record. If the registration is not current, you will be required to renew the bicycle or moped registration.
- The transfer fee is $5 if the transfer is recorded within 30 calendar days of release date.
- A fee of $15 will be assessed if the transfer is not recorded within 30 calendar days.
- The fee for a duplicate certificate of registration is $5.