LATEST UPDATE (01/28/2023 as of 1:12 a.m.):
• The NWS has issued a flash flood warning for Maui County until 4 a.m.
PREVIOUS UPDATES (01/27/2023):
• 6:45 p.m.: Flood warning for the island of Maui has been extended until 10 p.m.
• 3:45 p.m.: NWS extends flash flood warning for the Island of Maui until 7 p.m.
• 1:00 p.m.: The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning for the island of Maui until 4
p.m. Friday. A Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 p.m. on Sunday for Kaho'olawe, Lana'i, Maui, and Moloka'i.
ROAD CLOSURES (01/27/2023 as of 6:30 p.m.):
• South Kihei Road will remain closed from North Kihei Road to Waipulani Road until tomorrow, No ETA Per County Public Works.
•North Kihei Road is open in both directions. Can not turn onto South Kihei Road.
PARK AND FACILITY CLOSURES (01/27/2023 as of 4:15 p.m.):
• Summit District of Haleakalā National Park
• Sports fields including softball, baseball and soccer fields are closed until further notice.
• Baldwin Beach Park is closed because of flooding.
• Central Maui Landfill will be closed until further notice due to inclement weather and unsafe site conditions. Heavy rains has caused flooding and debris on access roads making them impassable.
SELF-REPORTING FORM FOR STRUCTURAL DAMAGE:
Residents can use the following self-reporting form for structural related damages that may have occurred from the rain event that began on Friday, January 27, 2023.
ACCESS FORM HERE
Maui County Emergency Management Agency will continue to monitor the situation. Please listen to your local radio and TV stations or NOAA Weather Radio for any updates. NOAA Weather broadcasts can be reached by calling 1-866-944-5025. NOAA Weather internet services can be found at weather.gov/hawaii