55 Mahalani St.
Wailuku, HI 96793
Hours of Operation:
COVID-19 Precautionary Measures
*** TEMPORARILY MODIFIED SERVICES AND HOURS OF OPERATION DUE TO COVID-19 CONCERNS ***
- The Maui Police Department Records Section:
- Maintains a physical and electronic records system of all police reports
- Collects payment for ink-rolled employment fingerprints
- Processes legal documents for arrests and civil process services
- Registers firearms and maintains firearms registrations files
- Processes firearm permit applications
- Manages all evidence and property for Central Maui and Kihei repositories
- Processes and maintains County of Maui covered offender registration files
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of all police reports
- Processes government records requests and subpoenas pertaining to police reports, evidence, and firearm records.
Obtaining a copy of a Police Report
Firearms Permits and Registrations
WALK-IN FIREARM SERVICES RESUME ON JULY 27, 2021 from 09:00am to 3:00pm, M-F, excluding weekends and holidays.
APPOINTMENTS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED
Property/Evidence Pickup (appointment needed - no walk-ins)
Temporary Restraining Order Drop Off:
Between 8:00am to 4:00pm at the Records Section Window. (after hours, at the MPD Receiving Desk (across the lawn).
Covered Offender (Sex Offender) Updates and Registration:
Walk-in Basis - Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. No appointments.
Fingerprinting Payments Services:
- Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Call 244-6355 for more info.
- Digital prints are not available for employment and/or licensing purposes.
- You must provide an addressed/postage paid 9"x12" envelope. The Police Department will mail the prints to the agency requesting your fingerprints.
- Fees: Fingerprinting fees are $25 per fingerprint card (effective 7/2012).
- Payment: Accepted payment options are certified cashier's check, (no personal checks accepted) or money order made payable to: "County of Maui Department of Finance".
For Lahaina District Fingerprinting Services call 661-4441.
Criminal Abstracts (Shows Hawaii Convictions ONLY)
Criminal abstract printouts are no longer available from the Wailuku Police Station. Please contact the Wailuku Courthouse for available services or access your abstract electronically via:
The State of Hawaii's online Adult Criminal Information Site.
These procedures may change frequently as required by public safety and health directives/rules. Please call (808) 244-6355 if you have any questions.