How can I find out about "wet bars"?

The definition of wet bars in the Maui County Code, Chapter 19.04.040 is “an area within a dwelling unit, other than a kitchen, used for the preparation and serving of beverages that contains a sink that is one-and-one-half cubic feet or smaller and at least one of the following: refrigeration seven-and-one-half cubic feet or smaller; an ice maker; a small mixing or blending appliance; or a small appliance for the preparation of hot beverages, such as a coffee maker or microwave.

The area is not a wet bar if any of the following is also present: a sink larger than one-and-one-half cubic feet; refrigeration larger than seven-and-one-half cubic feet; a 220-volt electrical outlet; a gas or propane service line; a dishwashing machine; a garbage disposal; a range hood, exhaust vent, or similar equipment; a stove, range, or oven; or any other appliance for the heating or cooking of food.

No more than two wet bars shall be permitted in a dwelling unit that is less than five thousand square feet in total floor area. No more than three wet bars shall be permitted in a dwelling unit that is five thousand square feet or more in total floor area. No wet bar shall be permitted in a bedroom or bathroom.”

Show All Answers

1. How can I find permit and other public documents?
2. Can I check my permit status?
3. I would like to know the zoning of my property.
4. How many dwellings are allowed on my parcel?
5. Can I build an ohana? If so, how many square feet can it be?
6. Can accessory dwellings be stacked, one on top of each other, or either detached or attached to main dwelling?
7. Are mobile or trailer homes allowed on any county zoned property?
8. How many tiny homes are allowed?
9. Am I required to get a permit for a fence? Is there a height restriction?
10. What are my required property setbacks?
11. Why is it taking so long to get my permit approved?
12. Where can I set up my food truck?
13. How can I find out about "wet bars"?
14. Can I raise chickens on my residential property?
15. What can I build in the shoreline area?
16. What is the Special Management Area (SMA)?
17. Where can I access the Special Management Area (SMA) Maps?
18. Do I need a Special Management Area (SMA) permit? How do I obtain one?
19. Can I do weddings on agricultural land?
20. How many barns can I have on agricultural land?
21. When do I need to sign a Farm Dwelling and Agriculture Structures Declaration?
22. What types of Agriculture Structures are allowed under the Declaration of Compliance HRS-46-88 Relating to Agriculture Structures?
23. What are the rules for commercial signs?
24. What are the rules for non-commercial signs?
25. How do I file an appeal?
26. How do I apply for a variance? (SSV, SPV, BVAV)
27. How do I find out if a property is in violation?
28. How do I lodge a complaint?
29. Are the zoning maps available online? Where can I find a map?
30. How do I request to review documents?
31. How do I obtain old building plans?
32. Where's my cesspool located on my property?
33. Who do I complain to about noise?
34. Water related questions?
35. How do I find Real Property Tax information?
36. Where do I send an email?
37. Do you validate parking at the One Main Plaza Building?
38. Where can I learn more about the laws and requirements for family burials?