Replacement Special License Plates
Replacement of your special license plates.

If your special license plate is lost, mutilated, or stolen, you must obtain a replacement.

To obtain a replacement:

* Complete and sign an application for replacement special number plates form MVR/DF20.

* Submit your current motor vehicle registration.

* If your special license plates have been mutilated or defaced, you must surrender both your front and back plates.

* If only one plate has been lost or stolen, you must bring in your one remaining plate.

* The fee to order replacement special plates is $20.

* The special plate will take approximately 60 to 90 days to manufacture. During this period you will need to purchase regular license plates and emblem for a fee of $5.50 .

* Complete and sign an application for replacement plates (form MVR/DF14).

The Motor Vehicle Registration Personnel will provide you additional information when the application for replacement is received.

Show All Answers

1. Non-Hawaii Registered Vehicle
2. Vehicles Registered in Another County
3. Out-Of-State-Permit
4. Replacing Plates or Emblem
5. Replacement Special License Plates