Applying for County Jobs
Department of Personnel Services -
NEOGOV Online Recruitment Is Live
The County of Maui is now live with our online recruitment system powered by NEOGOV. The feedback received is a positive indicator of NEOGOV’s user friendly, intuitive experience.
A key reminder for NEOGOV applicants - Some notifications will be sent to you via e-mail. You are responsible for monitoring instructions and correspondence by checking your e-mail account in a timely manner. Important notifications, such as scheduling your exam date online, are time sensitive and are sent via e-mail.
- You must create an applicant profile with NEOGOV at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/Maui. If you already have an account, you can use your governmentjobs.com account. Your current profile in the current Candidate Self Service will not carry over to the new system.
- For most jobs, applicants will need to apply online.
- For instructions to create a profile and apply for jobs online, go to www.governmentjobs.com/Content/Documents/apply.pdf.
- To receive County of Maui job notifications, you must sign up with NEOGOV at www.governmentjobs.com/careers/Maui. The current job notifications will be discontinued.
- All job applications received through the current Candidate Self Service system will be processed.
Questions about the new recruitment system can be directed to Department of Personnel Services at 270-7850.
How Do I Find Out About County Jobs?
The best way to find out about most job openings is to visit the Job Opportunities section of our online recruitment system, where you can browse job listings, job descriptions, and benefit information. You can receive job notifications via email by signing up for notifications with NeoGov.
Job vacancies are also advertised through newspaper announcements in the Help Wanted section of The Maui News, and posted in our office.
Current County employees can browse for internal job openings and apply online by visiting our Intra/Inter-Departmental Job Opportunities tab on the career page of NEOGOV. Both intra-departmental and inter-departmental job openings are posted on NEOGOV.
How Do I Apply?
Once you have found a job opening that interests you, you can apply online. See the instruction guide to create a profile and apply online.
You may also want to review "What to Expect After You Apply".
We only accept applications during the announced recruiting period, so make sure to check the application deadline. Those job openings listed as "continuous" have no specific filing deadline, but you should submit your application as soon as possible to be sure you are considered for the next opening. Continuous recruitment may close at any time.
Complete a separate application for each job. A resume or letter of interest cannot be accepted in place of a County application, but may be attached to an application as additional information. Also make sure to complete any required supplemental application forms or online assessments. Remember that it is your responsibility to make sure your application is complete and that all required documents (licenses, transcripts, supplemental questionnaires, etc.) have been submitted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.